Bathrooms in Hong Kong are usually damp, which can easily accumulate dirt and bacteria, causing mouldy and yellowing in tiles and shower curtains. There are many bathroom cleaning detergents such as 3M™ Bathroom Disinfectant Cleaner have good cleaning results. But can we just use one cleaning detergent for all areas in bathroom? What we need to be aware of when cleaning bathroom? How to remove mould in the bathroom?
Bathroom cleaning tip 1: mouldy and yellow shower curtain
Small bathrooms are usually fitted with shower curtains, but the oil from the body and shower gel will accumulate at the bottom of the shower curtain over time, causing the shower curtain to become yellow and mould, which the bacterial content can reach 1 billion! In addition to replacing the new shower curtain, cleaning is the most economical way.
Soak the shower curtain with bleach, then scrub with vinegar and salt
- White vinegar can remove soap bubbles and grease on the shower curtain.
- If the stains are difficult to clean, consider scrubbing with saltwater.
- If the mould is still there, you can soak the shower curtain in 1:49 diluted bleach for half an hour, then rinse with running water.
The shower curtain hook should also be cleaned regularly. It can be soaked and washed in hot water sprinkled with detergent.
Bathroom cleaning tip 2: limescale on a shower screen
Although the shower screen is less prone to having mildew, the limescale on it is very obvious. We need some help with the acid substances to dissolve the limescale.
Use cold water first, then hot water, and then use vinegar or citric acid.
- First wash away the dust directly with cold water.
- Use hot water to remove the physical adhesion layer between the limescale and the shower screen.
- Dilute with white vinegar or citric acid and water and spray on the shower screen. Wait a few minutes, then rinse and wipe away the water stains with a wiper.
Bathroom cleaning tip 3: limescale on a shower head
The shower head in the bathroom is the most neglected item. When it is used for a long time, limescale will accumulate inside that may affect the water flow and you may be showing with dirty water every day.
Dip the shower head with white vinegar and wipe the surface with toothpaste.
- Mix half a cup of baking soda and 1 cup of white vinegar in a plastic bag. Put the shower head inside the bag. Seal the bag tightly with rubber band for 2 hours.
- After removing the plastic bag. Let the shower head sprinkle hot water for a few minutes to allow the dissolved mineral scale to flow.
- Squeeze the toothpaste on a cloth and wipe the surface of the shower head.
Disassemble the shower head and clean it thoroughly
The above method can easily remove the limescale and keep the water flow smooth. However, if you want the shower head to be completely clean, you need to disassemble the shower head. Each shower head has its own disassemble method. It is recommended to read the manual carefully to avoid damage. Some new types of shower heads can be opened with a twist, which is very convenient to clean. At the same time, the translucent design allows users to easily observe whether the inside of the shower head is clean or not.
Bathroom cleaning tip 4: Slippery wash basin and mouldy plastic edges
Although the wash basin is often washed by water, it is still easy to accumulate toothpaste, facial grease, etc., causing the wash basin to be slippery, and the plastic edges become mouldy.
Wipe with detergent. Soak the rubber edge in bleach or replace a new one.
- Sprinkle washing powder on the slender side of the sponge and wipe away the dirt in a circular motion.
- If the plastic edge is mouldy, wear gloves and apply a small amount of bleach to the position with cotton. Brush and clean after 2 hours.
- If the mouldy plastic edges cannot be removed, consider using a shovel to remove the plastic edges and re-lay the glass glue. Remember to apply when the sink and countertop are dry.
Tips for keeping the bathroom dry
- Daily cleaning: After taking a shower, wipe the walls and floor with sponge soaked in detergent. After rinsing with water, use a wiper to remove water stains.
- Turn on the exhaust fan after taking shower: Do not turn off the exhaust fan immediately after shower. Turn on the exhaust fan for more than 1 hour to ensure that the bathroom is dry and prevents mild from growing.
The content and pictures of this article are provided and uploaded by the author. It does not represent the opinion of the company. If there are any copyright issues, please contact us.